I wonder if I put a few words here?

Module 4: Principles of Learning

Here’s the interactive learning video:

Lesson design plan:

Big Idea   What is the big idea that the learner will walk away with at the end of the lesson that is critical for learners at this stage of their learning path?  Learning Outcome(s)What specific things will the learner know or be able to do by the end of the lesson?  Evidence of LearningWhat does learning look like for this objective? (e.g., accurate performance of a task, correct use of terminology)AssessmentsWhat will learners do to provide evidence of their learning? (e.g., a presentation, a test, a project)Learning ActivitiesWhat learning activities will allow learners to acquire and practice the skills necessary to demonstrate their learning and complete the assessment successfully?
 Have baisc idea of how to use google docs efficently. learner will be able to: locate google docs, know the basic features, assess and compare with other software.Be able to locate the google docs and insert pictures.A post with pictures that is made by google docs.Watch demonstration videos.Contact with other people in the group.

Reflections:

I think video game learning is a very good way for learners. It allows learners to switch from passive learning to active learning, which solves learners’ annoyance and resistance to lection. This improves the learning efficiency. In Merrill’s First Principle, I think integration, activation, and demonstration play a major role. However the application may be forgotten. Because the learner may only remember this knowledge because of the current game, but not actually use it in real life. When designing my own lessons, I add more learner-responsive questions and allow learners to make connections to the content of the lesson based on their own life experiences. I think separating half the amount of active and half the amount of passive learning is the most effective balance.

Comment:

1. masterpiggy

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your video content. The strategically placed multiple-choice questions and comments kept me highly engaged throughout. Your reflections were also exceptionally well-written. This interactive learning approach truly enhances the learning experience.

2. scmteacher

Hello again Keifer!

Once again, I’m really impressed by your skills with technology! I tried to make an interactive video but my computer kept giving me error messages when installing the plug-in… So I’m really glad that I was able to try one out with your video!

As someone who really believes in active learning, I agree that video game learning can be an effective method of instruction. This could be my bias, however, because I’ve never been able to absorb much information in classes where the teachers used passive methods of instruction. As such, I do also recognize that others may prefer learning through more passive methods, and that video game learning might not be for everyone.

All the best,

Sam Montague

3. coleanderson

Hi Keifer,

I really enjoyed your interactive video! I found it to be very clear, especially using the signaling principle by highlighting on the screen where you want the viewer to look. One piece of constructive criticism I may add, would be to extend the length of time that the text is on screen, as I am a slower reader and had to rewind the video to read it. Overall, great job and I look forward to reading your next module post!

Cole

4. chenze

Hi, Keifer.
    Thank you for sharing the techiniques of using the google docs. I felt the difficulty of the content changes from basic to advanced usage. Your video is very helpful for me who is new to Google docs. Thank you for your sharing!

5. zhuorui

Hi, Keifer
    I follow your videos very well after watching them, and these segments also allow me to choose the passages that I focus on, including your questions, it’s a great video for learners!